Efficient right this moment, the WGA Well being Fund will reimburse cheap journey bills for contributors and dependents of their spouses who should journey to a different state to obtain abortion providers.
“As you already know, the US Supreme Courtroom overturned roe vs wade, And abortion is now unlawful in lots of states,” WGA West’s board stated in a launch to members on Monday, noting that the Writers Guild-Trade Well being Fund “is already in place for creator contributors and their eligible partner dependents below all circumstances.” Covers termination of being pregnant.” The fund already covers being pregnant termination for eligible dependent kids “when the termination of being pregnant constitutes an emergency service.”
The Council of East WGA despatched the same letter to its members this afternoon.
Efficient August 1, West’s board stated, “the fund will even reimburse cheap journey bills incurred by contributors and eligible partner dependents who dwell or briefly work in lined employment in a state the place Abortion is prohibited, and people who must journey to acquire these providers.. When contributors, dependents of spouses and eligible dependent kids require emergency abortion providers, the Fund will reimburse cheap journey bills.
The letter to members additionally outlines the principles relevant to the brand new journey reimbursement advantages, together with:
1. It’s essential to get hold of prior authorization to obtain reimbursement of journey bills for non-emergency being pregnant termination providers. If pre-authorization just isn’t obtained when required, no journey reimbursement profit will likely be payable. When termination of being pregnant constitutes emergency providers (eg, termination of an ectopic being pregnant), pre-authorization just isn’t required.
2. You should be unable to obtain being pregnant termination providers with out touring since you dwell in or are briefly working in lined employment in a state the place termination of being pregnant is prohibited.
3. You possibly can journey to a supplier in a state or main metropolitan space the place the providers are authorized. If you’re away from dwelling in a brief work place, you may additionally select to journey dwelling if termination of being pregnant is authorized there.
4. Journey below this provision is proscribed to journey inside the US.
“In all instances, journey bills which might be primarily vital and vital for accessing being pregnant termination providers carried out by a licensed medical supplier working throughout the scope of her license. Journey bills that are primarily for accessing being pregnant termination providers should not vital and vital, should not certified bills and won’t be reimbursed.”
Coated transportation contains:
• Bus, taxi, practice or aircraft fare (solely coach fare is a qualifying expense).
• Transportation bills of a guardian or authorized guardian who should accompany a participant or lined dependent youngster (restricted to emergency providers) below the age of 18. In any other case, journey bills for a buddy, member of the family or different help individual should not eligible.
Coated lodging embody:
• Lodging is not going to be reimbursed for those who journey dwelling to obtain being pregnant termination providers.
• The housing expense quantity should be cheap as decided by the well being plan, however in no case exceed $300 per evening.
“Please notice that below IRS guidelines, in case your lodging exceeds $50 per individual per evening, you’ll be taxed on the quantity in extra of the IRS restrict.”
Coated Automobile Bills:
- In case you use your individual automotive, mileage could also be reimbursed on the present medical mileage price. The usual Medicare profit price is presently $0.22. Parking charges and tolls are additionally eligible, however fuel just isn’t.
- As an alternative you may get reimbursed for cheap rental automotive bills. In that case, fuel, parking costs and tolls can be eligible however not benefited.
- Every day native journey just isn’t reimbursed
Required receipts and paperwork:
- A replica of the paid bill is required for reimbursement of the price of lodging (lodge, motel).
- Reimbursement of transport requires a replica of the itinerary and the ticket receipt paid for.
- Reimbursement for mileage requires a printout documenting the shortest route exhibiting the mileage related to that route.
- Reimbursement for rental automobiles and fuel for rental automobiles require a fee receipt.
- Reimbursement of parking requires a paid parking receipt.
- Printout of Toll Receipt or Toll Go Cost Challan is required for reimbursement of toll.
Bills that don’t qualify embody:
- Meals (apart from these offered via inpatient care).
- Childcare bills / babysitting.
- Extending otherwise-medical journey for trip or private enjoyment.
Bills for a caregiver or touring companion apart from a guardian or authorized guardian with a participant or lined dependent youngster (restricted to emergency providers) below the age of 18.
Each letters have been signed “in solidarity” by the WGA West Board and the WGA East Council.
Signing for the WGAW board have been:
Meredith Stehm, President
Michelle Mulroney, Vice President
Betsy Thomas, Secretary-Treasurer
Dante W Harper
Derrick A Hughes
E. Nicholas Marianiak
Patrick M. Verone